Monday, July 27, 2009

1 Year Ago.

I have so many stories to tell, but today I sat down and started thinking about how much my life has changed in the past year - mainly due to the fact that my birthday was less than a month ago. But in all honesty, I never expected my life to take me for such a ride or that I'd grow up as much as I have.

I am incredibly thankful for the people that have come into my life, as well as those that have finally left it. And I take pride in the person that I'm becoming. I still make a ton of mistakes, but learning is ultimately what makes us grow.

One year ago I was a freshman all over again .. to the real world. I was struggling along with my graduated class to find a job, holding on to an unhappy and unhealthy relationship and nervous about my decision to stay in TX, plus there have been some other really hard times along the way. I thought my dads plea's and friends peer pressure would make me move home, especially when I lost what I thought was "the love of my life".

Unfortunately my father has always been right .. "feel the pain, you know you're alive". And feel the pain I did, but when the going gets tough, the tough get going (so cliche, i know).

So, here I am so lucky to be where I'm at, which is a total 180 to last summer. I have a stable job in this rough rough economy, friends that I have grown 10x closer to in the past year and probably a lot of people I would have never met if I moved away, a family that has come together and truly shown support in tough times, currently single and happy with who I am rather than who I'm with and something I thought would never happen .. I became a TX resident.

It hasn't been easy, but I'm happy, healthy and again, so thankful to be where I'm at. So, I love you all (if you ever read this). Thank you for making my life what it is .. I'm incredibly lucky.

Live & Learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment