Wednesday, July 1, 2009

hi, i'm obnoxious.

I'm sure you all have had those moments where an hour later you think "why the hell did I do/say/think/express that?" And luckily most of the time we can forgive ourselves and refrain from doing/saying/thinking/expressing it in the future. Let's just say I've had a lot of those moments and over time I'll share with you a few of my "wow, hi, I'm obnoxious" stories.

Last weekend a few friends of mine thought it'd be a stellar idea to attend the X games. My friendly companion for the evening purchased our tickets on E-Bay. Everything seemed legit, until we got screwed out of our seats because the camera crew "needed more room". To make up for it they gave us wrist bands to the after party. When the games had finished and we gathered with our other friends, we thought "hey, as long as we have these wrist bands we might as well use them". I decided I'd take initiative and attempt to get two more wrist bands. As I plonked my way up the bleachers, the 'personnel' smiled and politely asked how I was doing. I began to plead my case and when the man told me I had to walk all the way around the stadium and ask someone else, I got feisty. "Excuse me, do you think that it's good customer service to tell me, who purchased these seats and was kicked out of them to walk all the way around the stadium to 'ask' a question when you two are sitting right here with wrist bands on that clearly were supposed to be used for the compensation of those that were inconvenienced? Plus y'all don't even look old enough to get into the bar."

Needless to say, they weren't sure how to respond, so the eldest of the 'crew' took the lead and told me I was ungrateful, spoiled and inconsiderate and that I should just enjoy what I was given and walk away.

That lit my fire, but I had obviously hit a nerve.

I proceeded to let them know that they were a disgrace to the company they worked for and if they ever wanted to make their jobs worthwhile, to learn that the customer always comes first. I also made note that I'd be reporting them to their supervisors (like I would even remember their names). Then I turned, stomped down the bleachers and scampered off.

Why the heck did I even care so much, it's the damn X games ... "hi, i'm obnoxious"

No comments:

Post a Comment